Pictured: Danielle’s Zucchini slice
As per my Mum’s mantra ‘Smarter not harder’, this was her ‘go to’ recipe that was always a hit in our household!
375 gram zucchini, finely grated
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 rashers bacon, finely chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
parsley sprig, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil, and lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well greased lamington tin (16cm x 26cm).
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until well browned.
- Cut into squares and garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.